Wednesday 11 May 2016

Essie Bling Manicure

Hello!

For this manicure I decided to pair a classic French manicure with an ultra-sparkly accent nail. My polishes of choice were two Essies - the sheer Mademoiselle and the chrome-purple glitter Stroke of Brilliance.

One of the best nail polish "cheats" I've learnt is how to turn a top coat glitter into a full-coverage glitter bomb! All you do is paint the polish onto a washing-up sponge and then dab it onto your nails. The sponge soaks up the excess base, so on your nails you end up with all the glitter and not a thick mess!

So, I used this technique on my ring fingernail as an accent and applied two coats of top coat for a smooth finish. I would recommend using a peel-off base coat if you're doing this on more than a couple of nails, removal is tricky! I used French tip guide stickers and a plain white polish to do a French mani on the rest of my nails. Here is the result...


I hope you like it! I loved seeing the hit of sparkle ^_^

Hugs,

Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. That is a great tip using a sponge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx