I was very kindly nominated for the Liebster Award by Tara of Tara'sTalons! The award seems to be a sweet way of sharing and spreading the love of smaller blogs, which makes me smile and can only be a good thing! Copied from Tara, the way it works is that you:
- post 11 random facts about yourself
- answer 11 questions the person who nominated you has asked
- ask 11 questions, and
- link 11 blogs with less than 200 followers (not including the blogger who nominated you).
So here goes!
11 Random Facts about myself
- I just left my job yesterday; I'm very sad but it had to be done.
- Today I received some full nail decals from YRNails in the post, and can't wait to try them.
- My family has a beautiful white tortoiseshell cat, officially named Vienna, unofficially called anything but!
- I love the Sims 2; currently, Sim-Lisa is waiting for her husband to die so she can move on, start a business and become a White Witch!!!
- I love watching Masterchef but do not cook at all.
- I am 24 but have a Hello Kitty advent calendar, oh yes!
- I have met Dita Von Teese twice; she is very kind and polite - she took the time to remember my name and photo before meeting me - and of course she is a great performer!
- I lived just south of Paris for 9 months as part of my uni course.
- I used to be a goth; I still love the lacy, romantic side, but can't stand skulls and spikes anymore.
- My bedroom is an Absolute Tip.
- I have very bad depression but am currently doing well and learning how to help myself; it definitely gets better!
11 Questions asked by my Nominator, Tara (thank you!)
- Where did you grow up?
Right here in Gateshead, North-East England!
- What is the best thing about where you grew up?
We're paired with Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and together we have an amazing culture, lots of history and the perfect mix of old and new.
- If you could only use one range of polishes for a whole year, which brand would you choose?
Barry M! They have a great range and are always coming out with new on-trend collections.
- What is your party trick?
I do origami and can make Inflatable Bunnies and a really cute bird.
- Why do you blog?
Well I've been pretty bad at it recently (sorry!), but mostly I love all things pretty and being enthusiastic about brands I've bought and loved.
- What is your favourite animal?
- If you had to live in another country, where would you choose?
Probably France because I speak the language and it would be good practise to live there again :-)
- What blog is your favourite/gives you the most inspiration?
I couldn't possibly choose because it's the pick-and-mix of everyone's amazing ideas that gives me inspiration!
- What three famous/well known people (living or dead) would you invite to a dinner party and why?
Marilyn Manson, because he's funny and clever. Prof. Brian Cox, because he has the same childlike wonder and enthusiam for science as I do. Jesus, to get his thoughts on negativity in the name of Christianity.
- How did you get interested in nails?
My mam bought me my first polish from the local pharmacy when I was very young! Somewhere between the ages of 6 and 9. It was a very "fake" pink by Laura Paige.
- What is your favourite TV programme?
At the moment it's Fringe, packed with intrigue, suspense and weird science!
11 Question for my Nominees
- What do you have on your nails right now?
- If you could choose a zoo animal as a pet, which would it be?
- What did you want to be growing up?
- What was the coolest thing you ever learnt/did in school?
- If you could learn any language, what would it be?
- Are you interested in makeup/fashion in general?
- What is the best thing about your hometown?
- What is the worst thing about your hometown?
- What do you think the new Royal baby should be named (sorry if you hate the Royals!!)?
- If you could only eat one thing for a week, what would it be?
- If you could design a signature nail polish representing you, what would it look like?
And, my nominees!