Tuesday 15 April 2014

April Showers Manicure

Hello!

I painted this manicure a little while ago when it was raining miserable April showers. I wanted a mani to reflect the weather but not something that was going to depress me! So I went for a cascade glitter gradient.

The base colour is Models Own's Blueberry Muffin. I was lazy with the gradient so, rather than sponging, I painted and dabbed the glitter on until I got the effect I wanted. The glitter is Nails Inc's Royal Arcade nail jewellery with a dab of Barry M's Rose Quartz for an extra little pink sparkle. Add top coat and here it is:


Fortunately the weather seems to be improving and we've had some really quite sunny days in the North East of England! I hope things are lovely wherever you are as well.

Hugs,

Lisa xx

9 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic combo of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you some of the sun and heat we are getting here in FL. We are already approaching the 90s. Crazy warm far too soon. This look is just darling, love a good sparkly gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE love love love this! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love glitter gradients and this one is gorgeous! Btw, since I started to dab the brush to get the gradient I totally stopped using the sponge, much less mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! Painting a glitter gradient is definitely easier - the only downside is you end up with more polish on your nails! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glitter gradient looks great and I adore that pale blue. <3

    Hopefully the rain clears up soon <3 In the mean time, just look at your nails and smile

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx