Thursday 11 September 2014

Lisa Attempts Water Marbles

Hello!

There are a few nail art techniques that are quite beyond me, and water marbling is one of them. Mostly I have been very content to sit back and admire other polishers' amazing marbles, but this week I decided to have another couple of goes.

The basic premise of a water marble is that you drop a few colours into a bowl of water to form concentric circles, swirl them with a cuticle stick to make a pattern, then dunk your nails in! Some specific advice I've been given is to use filtered or bottled water at room temperature, to test polishes first to see how well they spread, to apply a white or similar base coat first in case your marble is a little transparent, and to dunk your nails in at a 45-degree angle. Lots of things to consider!

Here is my first attempt, a pink marble:


I really quite liked this hand but, unfortunately, the other hand was a write-off! I got globs of polish on my nails which I couldn't fix.

Here is my second attempt, a purple water-marble:



As you can see I got both hands done this time which is a success! It still felt a bit messy to me though.

Hugs,

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. I really like the pink one - it looks really good and the colour work well together. :-)

    I've never tried this, but it does look very messy and I'm to lazy for spending time cleaning up fingers and bowls! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it's definitely something you have to be in the mood for. I'm sure I'll try again! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx