Monday 24 February 2014

Barry M Silk Effects ~ Heather

Hello!

Barry M Silk Effects polishes have just come out in shops recently, and the swatches of them posted online have been absolutely stunning! I took advantage of Boots' 3 for 2 offer to buy Heather, Pearl and Meadow and try them out.

Heather is a gorgeous soft purple, so light in colour. The "silk effect" finish is a soft matted shimmer, which only enhances how delicate the colour is. The polish is slightly on the sheer side but 2 coats were still enough for good coverage.

The one big worry I had with these polishes was how well they would last without top coat. I applied Heather, let it dry completely (at least I thought I did) then went to wash my hair... and I came out of the shower with lots of marks on my thumbnail and a little scratch on my middle fingernail. Gutted! That said, I subsequently made it through 3 hours of office volunteering without much further damage, so perhaps you just need to make well and truly sure it's dry before fiddling around with your hair and stuff?

Here it is:



I love the effect, I just need to work on the wearability! I'll let you know what happens when I try out the other two colours.

Hugs,

Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. This looks cool! I picked them all up except the brown one. Meadow was sold out so I had to go to another shop to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx