Tuesday 25 February 2014

Lisa tries Stamping Decals

Hello!

Adventures in Stamping is one of my favourite nail art communities, and lately there have been so many photos posted of stunning manicures using stamping decals. The basic principle is that you paint a coat of clear polish onto a flat yet flexible surface, then once it's dried you stamp your chosen pattern over it and colour it in with a nail art brush and whatever colours you like. When everything is dry you have a homemade decal to apply to your nail!

I've made a couple of smaller, non-coloured decals in the past but this was my first attempt at a full-nail design. As a surface I used a silicone baking mat, bought on Amazon for £2.97 with free delivery. My design of choice was from MoYou plate Pro 07. I coloured it in and stuck it on my ring fingernail over OPI My Vampire is Buff...


OK, I can see the potential but this wasn't a great attempt. My application ended up very gloopy. The decal pushed the polish underneath around, it didn't clean up very well and overall there was a lot of polish on my nail. I'm going to go back to the nail art community and ask advice on this one - hopefully I'll be back with an improved look because I really do love the idea!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx