Sunday 21 August 2011

La Femme Beauty's Lilac Cream and Miss Sporty's Metallic Crystal

Hello there!

Now, as I continue to post it will become increasingly clear that I suffer badly from Can't-Leave-It-Alone Syndrome. I always want to add a little extra something to my manis. Sometimes this is good, sometimes this is very very bad. In case of the latter I will always post separate pics of my lovely polishes before I put them together on my nails!!

Today I'm quite happy with my mixing and matching, however. I have topped La Femme Beauty's Lilac Cream with a layer of Miss Sporty's Metallic Planet. Here we go...


(click on photos for full size)

La Femme Beauty is a brand you're most likely to find in discount stores and on market stalls. Indeed, I found this for £1.50 in my local market but I've seen it stocked in loads of places. For a 'cheap' brand the polish actually applies very well: it goes on smoothly and is opaque in 2 coats. The colour is a lilac crème leaning towards a reddish hue.

Miss Sporty coming up:


I bought Miss Sporty's Metallic Crystal at Superdrug while they were doing a 3 for 2 promotion (normally £1.99 each). It is part of their Quick Dry Clubbing Colours range. It is a metallic, futuristic silver. I LOVE this polish! It is very transparent though: the first pic shows 1 coat, the second shows full opacity at 4 coats.

Because of its transparency, I thought Metallic Crystal would make a nice polish for layering - and Lilac Cream seemed a good potential match. Here it is...



Well, I like it personally! You get the space-age shimmery finish of Metallic Crystal with the romantic Lilac Cream glowing through. What do you lovely polishers think?

Shimmery lilac hugs,

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, wish we had those brands here in the US! And your nails are lovely on their own! So long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you! I must have drunk a lot of milk as a child because my nails grow very strong and long, lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx