Sunday 1 September 2013

Pinspiration ~ Autumn Tree Manicure

Hello!

Right now I'm having a little phase where I'm finding a ton of inspiration on Pinterest but I don't quite have the energy to to get it onto my nails! This is one of the manicures that did make it ^_^

The Autumn tree manicure comes from a "27 Trendy Nail Art Ideas for Fall" post. Unfortunately they don't seem to link back to the original owner of the manicure, which is a shame because they deserve a lot of kudos for this design. It consists of a light background with Autumn-coloured sponging for the leaves and finely drawn black branches on top.

For my own attempt I painted OPI's My Vampire Is Buff as the background. For the sponging I chose one of my bronzes then topped it with a sponging of the textured OPI Jinx. To draw the branches I used my Barry M nail art pen as I am not talented with freehanding and fine nail art brushes! I only did the tree on one nail as I know I would have spoilt the design if I decorated all 10. Here it is:


Mmm... I'd consider this to be somewhere between a win and a fail. The branches are nothing like as delicate as the original, which is to be expected given that the mani's owner is obviously talented with a nail art brush. I do love the idea and the Autumn colours though! Perhaps I'll try it again and get some practise with my branches :-)

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx