Saturday 29 August 2015

Essie ~ Brides To Be ~ Swatch & Review

Hello!

I have a soft spot in my heart for sheer French polishes and, having used my bottle of Essie Ballet Slippers to within an inch of its life, I went on Amazon to hunt for something new! I ended up choosing another Essie sheer called Brides To Be, using seller Ella Gray. They also have a full website at www.ellagray.co.uk which I had to close quite quickly as it's full of fancy polishes that I shouldn't be buying!

Brides To Be is a beige-tinted sheer. In the bottle it looked more opaque than I was expecting, but one coat on my nails gave what I would class as a perfect sheer coverage - a lovely nude glow to my nails with a polite amount of visible nail line. The brush isn't very wide and was a bit fiddly to use, but nonetheless the polish applied evenly with no streaking. Two coats brought it almost to opacity, with only a hint of VNL.

Here is one coat of Brides To Be:


And here are two coats:


I am a fan of this polish; Essie polishes are slightly more expensive than the drugstore brands I normally go for but Brides To Be justifies that with its perfect formula (essential for a sheer) and feeling of luxe. Shade-wise I do prefer Ballet Slippers with its more feminine pink tint, but if you are specifically looking for this type of nude then I recommend it completely!

I am planning to use this mani as a base for some stamping nail art so stay tuned! Also, don't forget you can enter my 4 Year Blogiversary Giveaway to win some MoYou London goodies ^_^

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx