Wednesday 23 November 2011

My First Franken!

Hello!

For a teeny while I've been eyeing my bottle of W7's Blue Diamonds and wanting to make a franken with it.  I mixed its large blue hex glitters with Saffron's Shade 2 - various smaller sizes of rainbow-flashing silver glitter - a smidgen of Barry M's Iridescent Pink, and a touch of clear polish.  The two main glitters were cheap market-stall buys, so I felt happy to experiment with them.  This is the result:



And a glitter close-up:


It's my first ever attempt at mixing a polish; it was quite hard to get the proportions of each glitter right, and the resulting polish is a tiny bit thick, but I am really quite happy and proud!

Here are two coats on nude nails:


And over a few colours, 1-2 coats of franken depending on how it came out :-) :



What do you think?  Have you ever attempted mixing your own polish?  And do you think I should name mine?!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

2 comments:

  1. Came out great. I love hex glitter. Ive tried frankening but only with cremes b/c that's the easiest way in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out great. I love it over the pinky and middle finger!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx