Thursday 11 April 2013

Barry M Nail Art Pens

Hello!

Today I have a review of the new Barry M black and white nail art pens for you. They were only released today and, as soon as I saw them in my nail polish Facebook groups, I planned to stop in at Superdrug before work to have a look! There's a 3 for 2 offer on Barry M nail products right now so I chose the black and white pens plus the Greenberry Gelly polish :-)

The pens look and work just like felt tips; to get the polish flowing you press the nib against a piece of paper a few times then you're ready to go. The polish doesn't leak or clog up and, when applying, it only goes where you want it to; an extremely refreshing change from the usual metal nib nail pens. It gives quite a thin line which is easily built up. The black is fully opaque and the white can be made fully opaque by going over the same line a couple of times. It dries very quickly and doesn't smudge at all when topcoat is applied.

To try out the pens I went for a nail art idea I've been wanting to try for ages but haven't been able to because I'm rubbish at freehanding! It's a cartoon-style nail, a really bright colour with a black border and white reflection. I used Nails Inc.'s Baker Street and the Barry M pens:


And, to give as complete a review as possible, here is a picture of my dominant hand where the art is a little clumsier ;-)


So, as you can probably see, I'd say the main limitation of the nail art pens is your own dexterity. If you can be patient and keep a steady hand I think you could get amazing results.

If my review sounds like one long endorsement it's because I am truly impressed! These bring me one step closer to being able to freehand decent nail art :-P I bought the pens myself for £4.99 each at Superdrug, with a free polish thrown in because of the 3 for 2 offer.

Hugs,

Lisa xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These look great, I can't wait to try them. I love the cartoon mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love the cartoon mani. so very well realised!

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing design!! I too couldn't wait to get these!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx