Tuesday 31 December 2013

Lisa's New Year Hope List

Hello, and Happy New Year!

I hope you've all had wonderful holidays filled with fun and happiness. I'm not a party girl personally so I'm snuggled up at home with a yummy Chinese takeaway, and I wanted to do a little post with my hopes for the New Year (I don't want to call them resolutions, too much pressure!). Here they are:

1. Get well.

OK, I'm never going to be 100% well. But I'm looking forward to working with a mental health worker to try and tackle my fatigue and also to try and reduce the impact of my depression. I also need to remember to take my medicine! The goal is to get back to work and to be able to stay in work long-term.

2. Learn to manage money.

No more spending money I don't have, and that includes not falling for all the pretty polishes under the Sun! I endeavour to admire my fellow polishers' beautiful cremes, jellies and glitters without feeling the need to own the polish myself. 

3. Lose some weight.

I feel heavy and groggy which can't be helping my fatigue and general health :-) This is tied in with Hope #2: once I have my money in order I'll work out a proper shopping plan for healthy food. The WeightWatchers original points system works for me as I go off the rails without a lot of structure, so that is my plan.

2013 has really not been a good year for me. I've had several bad episodes of depression, been sexually assaulted, had a cancer scare, developed gallstones, had to leave work and my nanna passed away. On the positive side I started volunteering at a wonderful centre for a charity I'm passionate about. I'm also lucky enough to live with parents who support me while I'm ill. Here's hoping 2014 will hold good things!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx