Thursday 5 December 2013

Mind Manicure

Hello,

Today is not a wonderful day as there's been a bereavement in the family. I wanted to show you this manicure anyway as it represents the charity I love and volunteer for. Mind is a mental health charity and does really great work, both in campaigning on a national level and in providing vital support services locally. Both myself and family have benefitted from their help. I painted my nails in Mind's colours as I was meant to go to their annual general meeting today, but I didn't make it sadly.

The manicure is a sponged gradient, a technique I struggle with. That said, this attempt is an improvement on my last go! I started with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White then swirled together the white with Barry M's Blackberry on a piece of scrap paper and applied it to my nail with a damp sponge.


I will continue to practise gradients as the effect is beautiful when it's perfected, as lots of inspiring bloggers have shown ~ the Nailasaurus comes to mind, and I've relied on her gradient tutorial when learning the technique.

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx