Sunday 22 December 2013

Russian Doll Manicure

Hello!

I hope you're all enjoying the season! It is so scary that Christmas is only 3 days away ~ where has all the time gone?!

Today's manicure uses the Russian dolls from Nailz Craze's NC03 stamping plate. There was no better place to start than with the creator of the plate herself, so I used Natalie from Nailz Craze's Matryoshka manicure as a guide. The result shows that I need practice but I definitely wanted to show you anyway.

I used OPI My Vampire is Buff as my base colour, and Barry M's Gold Foil on my thumbs. I then stamped the designs on and used Barry M's black nail art pen to fill in the eyes and the dolls' dresses.


Do you think I need practice?! ;-)

I do a lot of stamping but it's much more difficult where you have a specific image, rather than a pattern, that you need to get just right on your nails. I found the best way to stamp the dolls was to stamp from the tip of my nails downwards ~ but I still need to learn how to get the doll straight and not leaning drunkenly to one side!

Hugs,

Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love hearing from fellow polish addicts so comments are most appreciated. Just to let you know that I am unwell some of the time but will try my best to reply xx